Beginner Digitizing Workshop - April 2020
Step-by-Step help to create your first designs
Live workshop April 25th at 11 am Pacific time
Would you like to learn how to digitize your own embroidery designs? Join me for this online workshop!
Using Stitch Era Universal digitizing software, we'll work through 3 sample designs during this workshop. We will cover basic digitizing concepts, the software controls, and how to digitize 3 beginner designs. A recording of the workshop will be added to the online class for your reference.
- Introduction to Stitch Era Universal
- Why to use vector artwork for your designs
- Overview of basic controls and working area
- How to zoom in on your design
- Design 1: Satin Stitch Clovers and Dots
- How to load artwork
- Converting artwork to stitches
- How to change stitch order
- How to export designs
- Design 2: Narrow border
- Tracing lines by hand
- Changing the angle of stitches
- How to customize stitches and underlay
- How to play a test run
- Design 3: Button
- How to create a zigzag border
- Changing the stitch angle of borders
- How to change stitch color
- How to change stitch density
NOTE: This class requires Stitch Era Universal Express version. You must download and install the FREE 7-Day Demo days before the workshop.
Denise has been involved in reenactment and costuming for over 20 years. In 2014, she launched a line of historically inspired machine embroidery designs in order to help other costumers bring the beauty of period embroidery to their own projects.