Machine Embroidered 18th c. Quilted Petticoat
Step-by-step instruction for a perfectly quilted petticoat.
This course will open in late May, 2018 when the petticoat design is released.
In this course, we will walk step-by-step through the process of creating an 18th c. quilted petticoat using machine embroidery and a mix of period and modern techniques.
The Curriculum includes:
- Calculations for determining the size of your petticoat
- Calculations for purchasing materials
- Selection of materials
- Preparing to embroider
- Preparing your materials for embroidery
- Marking your fabric
- Planning out your design
- How to keep track of your design
- Hooping and other considerations
- Making a test swatch
- Lining up your embroidery
- Completing the embroidery in rows
- Finishing in both historical and modern methods
- Sewing your final seams by hand or machine
- Adding a hem
- Finishing the top of the petticoat
- Adding a waistband and ties
This course is a supplement to the directions included with the Romantic Recollections 18th c. quilted petticoat machine embroidery design. You will need to purchase the machine embroidery designs separately. Order here.
This course is for you if:
- You feel unsure about tackling such a large project without help
- You're a visual learner who prefers videos to written instructions
- You're an ambitious intermediate level embroiderer using this advanced design
- You simply want extra instruction and the ability to ask questions as you work through your project
Denise has been involved in reenactment and costuming for over 20 years. In 2014, she launched a line of historically inspired machine embroidery designs in order to help other costumers bring the beauty of period embroidery to their own projects.